Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Miss. Lizzie Gilks(England)




“After three months of such a blissful stay here, I find writing in the visitor book fairly in appropriate, as I have now been made to feel like part of the family!
From the moment I arrived back in January I have felt perfectly content and received such a warm welcome from this loving couple. I can remember my first impression of the place, such a beautiful house, such a comfortable room, clean very tidy and so homely!
I must say that I admire both of you, how you can welcome a complete stranger into your house, have to put up with me for three months and still be inviting me back in the near future – remarkable!
I don’t really know how to thank you – I am totally in awe of your unconditional compassion, happiness and hospitality.
There is so much that I am grateful for, but I would like to say a few thankyous.
To Mr. Mohanan (Uncle) – for your friendly chatting when I return tired from work, for your intriguing conversation and for still letting me back into the house too late at night!
To Dr. Beena (Aunty) – for treating me with so much love and compassion, for your unstinting, inspiration energy and for not letting me lift a finger to help you!
To Lucy – for everyday waking me up with a smile, for the most gorgeous cooking I have ever tasted and for your cheerful friendship – all my love to your family!
To Sobha & Prabha Govind – thank you for making me so welcome in your house, I enjoyed your visit so much! You are both such charming people and I wish you every success for the future. Now that I am leaving I feel so sad to go – I have become so accustomed to staying here that the following period so strange! I will really miss hearing the cuckoo at 5 AM!
Finally I must thank you for all the experiences you have given me and the friendships I have made here. I will not say goodbye, but see you soon, as I am certain that I will return to the city I am fond of and the place I find myself quite attached to.
All my best wishes for the future and please do keep in contact.